Asbestos Removal – As you build your Power Team you may want to have several questions that you ask each potential member of your real estate power team.
It has been estimated that 3,000 different types of commercial products contain asbestos. In homes built prior to 1978, asbestos is most commonly found as thermal insulation on boilers and pipes.
Unfortunately, it can also be found in many other household materials, which include:
- Blown-in attic insulation
- Vinyl floor tiles
- Glue that attaches floor tiles to concrete or wood
- Some forms of linoleum
- Window caulking or glazing
- Roofing materials
- HVAC duct insulation
- Siding material
- Fiber cement siding
- Corrugated heavy duty panels
When in doubt, it is always a good idea to have an inspection by a licensed professional to determine if there are any potential issues with the property prior to purchasing it.
Questions to ask an Asbestos Removal Contractor
There is not an exact script to interview your Asbestos Removal Contractor, but here are several questions you can consider asking your Asbestos Removal Contractor:
1. For asbestos abatement, will the contract specify that a visual and air clearance test be passed?
2. Will the service provider cover costs associated with failing a clearance test?
3. What is the schedule timeline, from start to finish, for their services?
4. What does the final inspection or abatement written report look like?
5. Can you provide paperwork that your company is certified to remove asbestos and can you provide a copy of asbestos license?
6. Has your asbestos remediation company earned and maintained a Diamond Certified rating?
7. How many asbestos removal jobs have you done in my local area?
8. Will the asbestos removal work require permits and if so, do you apply for and get the permits?
9. How is the cost of asbestos removal calculated?
10. What are all the services you offer? Does your company do inspection as well as removal?
11. Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
12. Does the contractor carry general liability and errors-and-omissions insurance with specific coverage for asbestos?
13. How long have you been in business and can you provide references?
14. Can I get an email and secondary number either cell phone number or office phone to contact you with further questions?
Remember every day you need to say and repeat…THIS IS MY BUSINESS! Keep working on ways to make your business better. Each day do one thing to get you closer to your dreams because if you do today what others are not willing to do, then tomorrow you can do those things that others are only dreaming about doing! Follow your passion and make your dreams a reality! Follow your real estate passion and make a change to make it happen! Live your life in the moment with no regrets! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Building your Real Estate Power Team with the best members will make it easier for you to scale and operate your real estate business. The key is building a successful power team is to find the best qualified people available to help you build your real estate business. If you help your power team grow their business and make money by providing them with opportunities, then you will be working on building a successful business for yourself.
Real Estate Investing can be FUN and a Real Adventure! Live your life in the moment with no regrets! Believe and Achieve! – Joe Jurek
Thank you for viewing my article, please comment, like and share. Also, watch, like, comment and share the Video Playlist below!
BONUS: Video Playlist – CLICK LINK BELOW!
#joejurekrealestate #joejureknuggets #joejurekcpa #joejurek #realestateinvesting #realestateinvestor #realestate #repaircosts #rehabcosts #CNBC #CPA #certified publicaccountant #renovation #rentalproperty #buyfixflip #HGTV #believeandachieve #lovewhereyouwork #realestatetips #realestateeducation #businesscards #buildinganetwork #unlisteddeals #offmarketdeals #realestateinvestingadventures #realestatecreateswealth