Real Estate Investing Power Team Question Series: Heating Venting and Air Conditioning – HVAC
As you build your Real Estate Investing Power Team you may want to have several questions that you ask each potential member.
Another BIG Ticket item when it comes to housing is Heating Venting and Air Conditioning, a.k.a. HVAC. Thus, you need a qualified HVAC contractor on your Power Team. This expense can be costly and you do not want to miss repairs, improvements or upgrades you need to make to your HVAC system.
There is not an exact script to interview your Heating Venting and Air Conditioning Contractors, but here are several questions you can consider asking your HVAC Contractors:
1. Are they licensed, insured and bonded to work in my local area?
2. Does the HVAC Contractor perform a load calculation to determine the proper size of the equipment they will install for my property to ensure it is not too large or small for my property? Qualified HVAC companies normally perform engineering calculations based on the Air Conditioning Contractors of Americas Manual J.
3. Does the HVAC contractor provide an Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute Performance Certification to insure you are getting what you are paying for.
4. Does the HVAC contractor offer financing? If so what terms and interest rates do they offer?
5. Does the HVAC contractor inspect the duct system before their company matches it with a new heating and cooling system to ensure the best performance for your property?
6. Does the contractor have a 24 hour / 7 day a week emergency service? This is critical for those 100 degree days and freezing Winters.
7. Does the HVAC company employ North American Technician Excellence program , a.k.a. NATE, certified technicians?
8. Do they give you choices or different system or brand options? If so what do you have available and how would you rank them?
9. What is the standard company and manufacturer written guarantee? Do they have a lemon policy and if so how do they handle it? Does this both cover labor and parts?
10. Does the company provide references or customer testimonials? If so can I get at least 3?
11. Is the HVAC equipment eligible for a Manufactures rebate or a Federal Energy Tax Credit?
12. What are the different efficiency furnaces you offer for my property and which do you recommend I purchase and why?
13. Is my existing ductwork adequate for the new HVAC system and if it is do you recommend I have it cleaned? Does your company clean vents or could you recommend someone?
14. Confirm the HVAC contractor will obtain all permits required and guarantee their work to pass any inspections performed by your city, town or village.
15. Are your technicians certified by the EPA to handle Freon refrigerant gas?
16. Do the HVAC service technicians have digital carbon monoxide analyzers?
17. Can I get an email and secondary number either cell phone number or office phone to contact you with further questions?
GOLDEN NUGGET TIP: Always look for vents for heating and cooling in additions, attics or basements. Sometimes people convert extra space into living space but that additional space may not have heating or cooling.
THIS IS MY BUSINESS!
Remember every day you need to say and repeat…THIS IS MY BUSINESS! Keep working on ways to make your business better. Each day do one thing to get you closer to your dreams because if you do today what others are not willing to do, then tomorrow you can do those things that others are only dreaming about doing! Follow your passion and make your dreams a reality! Follow your real estate passion and make a change to make it happen! Live your life in the moment with no regrets!
Building your Real Estate Power Team with the best members will make it easier for you to scale and operate your real estate business. The key is building a successful power team is to find the best qualified people available to help you build your real estate business. If you help your power team grow their business and make money by providing them with opportunities, then you will be working on building a successful business for yourself.
Real Estate Investing can be FUN and a Real Adventure! Live your life in the moment with no regrets! Believe and Achieve! – Joe Jurek
Thank you for viewing my article, please comment, like and share. Also, watch, like, comment and share the Video Playlist below!
BONUS: Video Playlist – CLICK LINK BELOW!
#joejurekrealestate #joejureknuggets #joejurekcpa #joejurek #realestateinvesting #realestateinvestor #realestate #repaircosts #rehabcosts #CNBC #CPA #certified publicaccountant #renovation #rentalproperty #buyfixflip #HGTV #believeandachieve #lovewhereyouwork #realestatetips #realestateeducation #businesscards #buildinganetwork #unlisteddeals #offmarketdeals #realestateinvestingadventures #realestatecreateswealth